Residence Halls

Your hall is the place where you can kick your shoes off and truly be at home. At UNE, we understand that where you live and with whom you live are important parts of college life. Residential and commuter life are a vibrant part of our on-campus community 鈥 living, working, studying, and playing here, you won't miss a beat.

Five residence halls 鈥 Assisi, Avila, Padua, Siena, and Featherman 鈥 are reserved for first-year students only. Upperclassmen live in suite-style arrangements in Champlain, Sokokis, East, and West Halls. Frederick Hall may house returning, transfer, or new students.

Get involved

There are many ways to get involved in residential life. Take part in events and programs, become a Resident Advisor, and contribute your ideas as a member of the Residential Student Life Association. Our sense of community will make you feel at home while here at school.


As a residential student, you are assigned a meal plan. The plan includes a set number of meals per week in our dining hall, flexible spending dollars for on-campus dining, and Nor'easter Dollars for select off-campus restaurants in the area. You can change your meal plan at the beginning of the semester.

Our Biddeford Campus has five dining locations, including the Danielle Ripich Commons, where the third floor is the main dining hub on the campus.

For more information about the dining facilities and meal plans visit .

Resources and Information

Housing Terms and Conditions

The University of 51小黄车 has a three-year residency requirement. Housing Applications can be found through the . Applications for returning students must be submitted one week prior to Housing Selection. Applications for first year students must be submitted by June 30 in order to be considered during the initial student placement process. Failure to submit an application or an application submitted after the deadline will impact placement and placement will be based on space availability. Students who fail to submit a Housing Application will still be billed and placed in University Housing.

Students interested in seeking an exception to the residency requirement must meet one of the following criteria and submit an Off Campus Request Form for final approval: 

  • Student is under 22 years of age, living with a legal guardian(s) (defined as the person(s) named and whose financial information appears on the student's completed FAFSA) at the guardian鈥檚 primary residence which is located no more than a 60-minute commute from the University Biddeford campus (11 Hills Beach Road, Biddeford, ME) according to Map Quest
  • Student is currently married or is in a civil union that has been in existence at least six months prior to date of request
  • Student must have earned 90+ credit hours at the start of the semester
  • Student is 22 years of age or older at the start of the semester
  • Student is in their third year and enrolled in an academic program that is based on the Portland Campus

Students intending to live off campus must contact the Office of Housing and Residential/Commuter Life to gain access the Off-Campus Request Form in Residence, submit form and be approved by the Office of Housing and Residential/Commuter Life.

View the Terms and Conditions agreed to in the Housing Application (PDF)


The professional staff at the Office of Housing and Residential/Commuter Life are here to help with any of your questions and concerns about residential life. Visit our contact page, stop into our main office in East Residence Hall, call us at (207) 602-2272, or email us at